BBQ Korean Style Beef Short Rib
- Prep Time: 15 minutes (+ 24 hour marinating)
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 21 minute
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Grilling
These Korean style beef short ribs, also known as Galbi are loaded with flavour & quick cooking. The perfect beef to pair with a side of steamed rice or serve as a party appetizer!
- 4 lbs ontario korean style beef short ribs
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Slice green onions, to garnish
- Black & white sesame seeds, to garnish
- Place short ribs in a large sealable freezer bag. In a mixing bowl whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, water, vinegar, oil, ginger, garlic, chili flakes, salt & pepper until combined.
- Add the marinade to the freezer bag & press out the excess air before sealing. Turn the bag over until the beef is evenly coated with the marinade. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- When ready to grill, heat the barbecue to medium heat. Remove the beef from the fridge 30 minutes before grilling. Transfer the beef to a plate & discard the marinade bag. Grill on each side for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Garnish with green onions & sesame seeds.