Smoked Prime Rib with Beer Cheese Sauce
- 1 bone in Ontario Beef Prime Rib
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup Flour
- 1 tall can favourite craft ipa
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup Horseradish mayo
- 1 cup garlic butter
- Brioche buns
- Paint room temperature prime rib with mustard and season aggressively with kosher salt and pepper.
- Lit charcoal on one side of your bbq and bring up to 350 degrees. Place prime rib on opposite side. Sprinkle wood chips on charcoal every couple hours. Cook prime rib with indirect heat until eternal temperature hits 125 (6-8 hours) Let rest for 1 hour.
Melt butter in a medium size pot and cook flour softly. Deglaze with beer, stir until smooth. Add cheddar and season, stir until smooth over very low heat.
Spread garlic butter on brioche buns and give them a heavy toast, spread with horseradish aioli.
Slice beef as thin as possible and top buns with a healthy portion. Finnish with beer cheese sauce and lid. Pick up with two hands and enjoy.