Easy Crockpot Beef Stew
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 15 minutes
- Method: Crockpot
This beef stew is as easy as “set it and forget it!” Simply toss all your meat, veggies and seasonings into the crockpot and simmer on low all day. By dinner you’ll have a fragrant and delicious Fall meal the family will love. Any leftovers can be packaged up and refrigerated, and believe me, this stew is even better the next day!
- 1½ lbs. stewing beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 6–8 small new potatoes, quartered or diced
- 1 package (8oz) sliced crimini mushrooms
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Canadian ginseng root powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- Salt and pepper
- 2½ cups beef stock
- 3 tbsp flour (optional)
- Combine beef, onion, celery, carrot, potatoes, mushrooms, tomato paste, garlic, herbs, ginseng, allspice, salt & pepper and beef stock in crockpot. Give it one big stir to ensure all the seasonings are evenly distributed. Set crockpot to low and cook stew for 6-8 hours.
- In the last hour of cooking, remove lid and sprinkle in flour. Stir until well combined. This will help to thicken the stew. If you prefer your stew a little runnier, you can omit the flour.
- Serve hot with a slice of crusty bread for mopping up all the beefy goodness!