Say hello to this farm-to-table take on a Big Mac! Everything in this irresistible culinary creation is made in-house – including the mustard, vinegar, pickled vegetables, mayonnaise, buns and the proprietary beef blend.
1 large free-range egg
2 tbsp white vinegar
20g yellow mustard
3g Seasoning Salt
250ml Canola-olive oil blend
5g Smoked Paprika
(50ml water may be needed to adjust consistency)
1/2 Red Onion
3lbs Farmhouse Ground Beef
1/2 head Iceberg lettuce
6 Burger buns (support your local bakery!)
- To make your mayonnaise whisk together your egg, vinegar, mustard, paprika and half of theseasoning salt until it is foamy.
- Slowly drip in the olive-canola oil mixture and whisk until it is all combined. (You should end up with a mayonnaise resembling the color of 1000 island dressing or Big Mac sauce)
- Fine dice your red onions and add them and the relish to the Mac sauce mayo base and your sauce is done!
- Take your ground beef out of the package, pat it dry with a paper towel and lightly shape it into 3/4lb patties. (If Charlie comes, better make them a pound each)
- Season each patty on both sides with a good sprinkle of seasoning salt.
- Heat your (ideally) cast iron pan, flat top or frying pan to medium-high so the whole burger caramelizes and browns all around. Cook 4 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Set the meat aside to rest, add butter to the pan and toast those buns until they’re slathered in butter and golden brown!
- Finely chop the lettuce right at the last-minute so it’s fresh and crisp.
- Assemble the burger with the toasted bun, meat, Mac sauce and finely chopped lettuce.