HOMEMADE GREEK BURGER
Check out the Ontario Beef BURGER BATTLE.
When it comes to inspiration for a great burger, it’s all Greek to us. This mouthwatering Mediterranean creation includes feta and Greek spices in the patty and is served with red onions, lettuce, tomato and, of course, homemade tzatziki.
1 lb. of Ontario Ground Beef
1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
1/2 cup of chopped red onions
1 cup of feta
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of garlic salt
One squeeze of fresh lemon juice
A dash of salt and pepper
1 English cucumber – peeled and grated
2 cups of plain Greek yogurt
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
1/2 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Create 4 hearty patties (or 5 smaller patties) and place them on a clean plate, ready to be grilled.
- Place the burgers on your grill, turning after 4-5 minutes on each side until each burger reaches 160F.
- Top each burger with fresh tomatoes, red onion and my homemade tzatziki sauce (recipe to follow).
Homemade Tzatziki Recipe
- Start with a large bowl, and add the Greek yogurt.
- Mix in the minced garlic, chopped dill, and salt.
- Peel one English cucumber.
- Grate cucumber into a small bowl, and squeeze out the excess water.
- Add the grated cucumber to the mixed ingredients.
Add the freshly squeezed lemon juice.